Plant Of The Month: March
How Much Should I Water?
Alliance for Water Awareness and Conservation
Outdoor Conservation Tips
- Convert from high-water using lawns, trees, and shrubs to drought-tolerant.
- Do your water sprinkling early in the morning.
- Spring watering:
- 2 minutes twice a day or 5 minutes once a day.
- Summer watering hours:
- Do your lawn sprinkling before 6:00 am and after 9:00pm.
- Mulch around plants reducing evaporation and discouraging weeds.
- Avoid runoff and make sure sprinklers cover just the lawn and garden, not sidewalk or driveways.
- Do Not Water on windy days.
- During the spring most plants need approximately half the amount needed in the summer.
- Remove weeds and unhealthy plants so remaining plants can benefit from the water saved.
- Discontinue using water to clean sidewalks and driveways
- Lower pool water to reduce amount of water splashed out.
- Use a pool cover to reduce evaporation when pool is not being used.
Holiday cooking conservation
Fall conservation tips
Landscape conservation tips
Summer conservation tips