If you’re interested in receiving conservation tips and literature, please contact Norma Armenta (Water Conservation Representative) at 760-240-8329, or email at Norma.Armenta@libertyutilities.com.
The High Desert Saves Water conservation program includes water conservation incentives for the public to reduce water use in homes and businesses.
Individual Shut Off Valves
In the event of a water emergency, know the locations of individual shut off valves for plumbing fixtures the water meter.
Main Water supply to your entire home:
- At the water meter
- A valve handle or gate wheel close to the water faucet that is on the front side outside your house and directly across from water meter
Water supply line to:
- Kitchen and bathroom faucets: Underneath the sink in the cabinet there are shut off valves for hot and cold water supply line to the faucet
- Toilet: Shut off valve is behind it (Click on link for more information)
- Clothes Washer: Shut off valve is behind it
- Dishwasher/Ice maker: Line is connected to the cold water shut off valve underneath the kitchen sink
- Bathtub or shower: Must shut off main supply to home
Remember, if you experience a water emergency; try to isolate the problem fixture first. If the leak is in the water supply line before the shut off valve or the shut off valve itself, then you would need to shut off the main water supply to your home.